Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kicked off the Island

The last time I wrote, my ward was being split. Not only did they put me in the new ward, I was put in a whole new church house. All of my friends were left in my old ward. I was really upset. The up side is that all of my friends are also foster parents and so we will still keep in touch. The down side is I won't see anybody I know from the other wards at all.

So my sweet Anthony has been getting in trouble at school. I know, shocker. He was the best two year old and pretty good three year old. He's hit four and something has happened. If he doesn't get his way or doesn't want to do something, he throws himself on the floor and cries and screams. The teacher at school stopped me when I took him to school the other day and asked me if anything had changed at home. It almost made me feel like she was accusing me of something. What's funny is that I worked in childcare for several years and when we had problems with children we would talk to the parents and ask the same thing. Now I'm on the other side I understand why the parents would get a little upset with that question.

Jared is doing great in school. I went to parent teacher conference a couple of weeks ago. They told me he is going so good and listens. I almost wondered if we were discussing the same child. I guess if he has to be naughty, I'd rather it be here at home instead of school.

Kaleigh is getting to big for her britches. She is just barely two and is talking in full sentences. We put her into a "big girl bed". She loves it.

My job as a peer parent is going good. I am the peer parent for Kayden's mom. He was our foster child for about 5 months. He is going home on Friday. They will be doing an in home trial placement. I'm really excited forher. Out of the seven children we've had in our home, we've only seen one go home. It will be nice to have another sucess story.

3 comments:

Kristanne said...

Well, Perhaps like I said earlier, rewards and punishments, and even maybe if you just ignore Anthony when he throws a fit it will help him. Ignore him and validate that you know he doesn't want to but that doesn't change he has to. The doctor has been telling us that a lot. Realize she feels that way, but not let it change what has to be.

Richard and Edi Halstead said...

When we were raising Krissy we learned that kids thrive on attention good or bad, so if they do not get the attention for misbehaving it is not as productive for them, it was hard to ignore her fits but we learned to really play up the good behavior and try our best to ignore the bad and it did seem to help some.
Good luck in your new ward, I bet you will meet lots of new friends there very soon.

meagan said...

It's always fun to hear what your kids are up to. Bummer about the new ward, but hopefully you'll like it and maybe you'll get a fun new calling. see ya soon!